With the governor’s new mask order that was issued on 7/15, Bozeman Baseball is making a few changes to our protocols. We interpret the order to mean that masks will not be required of any players, however parents and spectators will need to take some precautions. Fortunately, there is plenty of space along the baselines and behind the outfield fences for spectators to social distance. When in more heavily congregated areas where social distancing is not possible, such as the bleachers, please comply with the governor’s order and wear a mask. Baseball has been a welcome respite from the pandemic and we certainly don’t want to jeopardize the remainder of the season. Let’s all do our part to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and comply with Governor Bullock’s order.
Please read Bozeman Baseball's COVID guidelines for this season. Playing this season will require additional effort from everyone involved. The entire group needs to understand these guidelines and do their best to adhere to them.
Players will not be allowed to share batting helmets this season. If your player does not have a helmet and you cannot afford to buy one (they start at 25 dollars), reply to this email, and we will help you obtain one.
Regardless of our efforts, your family does assume some additional risk of exposure to the virus by playing. Each family will need to decide if this additional risk is acceptable. You will need to sign a COVID related release form before participating in any baseball activities. If you choose not to play this year, we understand. Email us at email@example.com, and we will issue you a full refund.
We are excited to announce some dates for the 2020 baseball season.
The season will begin on June 1st and end July 23rd.
We will announce teams by May 31st. We realize a season this late in the summer will possibly conflict with other summer plans. We encourage you to play even if you have to miss a little time for other activities.
May 28th is the deadline for registration or requesting a refund.
Enhanced safety measures are forthcoming.
We continue to work with local health officials to provide enhanced safety measures to protect the kids (details coming soon). One aspect of the plan will deal with disinfecting shared equipment between uses. To cut down on time spent cleaning gear (and increase time spent playing), you might consider buying your child a batting helmet for this season
We would like to know who is still interested in All-Stars (and the travel, time, and fees that go along with it).
We can't provide a detailed schedule for the season. Signing up for the competitive program will require a more open-ended commitment this year. With tournaments being rescheduled for later in the summer, the competitive program will likely run from early June through early August. Before tournaments can be held, we may travel to different cities in the state to play a few games over the weekend. The Cal Ripken state tournament has been canceled.
If you would like your child to play competitively this year, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/WD6LcSsqJjXpEhJY7
Bozeman Baseball Families,
Based on recent communication with local authorities, we still plan to start the baseball season soon after the state moves into phase two of the re-opening plan. We are not allowed to use the city's fields before phase two (or June 1st, whichever comes later).
Bozeman Baseball still intends to provide Allstar/competitive play this season. Competitive play will likely begin soon after the start of the recreational season.
We are working on additional sanitation procedures/rules for this season and will share those with you soon. We will do everything we can to provide a safe opportunity to play baseball this year. However, regardless of our efforts, your family does assume some additional risk of exposure to the virus by playing. Each family will need to decide if this additional risk is acceptable. If you choose not to play this year, we understand. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue a full refund.
We are thankful to live in a community with so few cases where normal things like baseball are possible. We are looking forward to playing and hope to see many of you soon.
We are announcing a postponement to this year's Battin’ in the Bridgers Tournament.
Hosting an event the size and scope of Battin’ in the Bridgers requires the state of Montana to be in Phase 3 of our Governor’s statewide reopening plan as developed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With many current uncertainties regarding when that will occur, we have decided to postpone the tournament and plan for it to take place later this summer.
Reschedule dates are yet determined as we are awaiting Babe Ruth Baseball’s decision as to whether or not to hold Montana State Championship Tournaments for Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth sanctioned leagues this summer. Once those dates are known (if at all), Bozeman Baseball will announce the dates for the 2020 Battin' in the Bridgers.
Should your team not be interested in playing in Battin’ in the Bridgers later this summer, please send a message to email@example.com and request a refund (if you have paid). We will process such for you as soon as possible.
Thanks and stay tuned – we’ll update this as soon as possible.
As you know, the state released a phased plan to re-open earlier this week. After reviewing the plan, we currently assume that local youth baseball will be possible in the plan's second phase when group sizes can increase to 50 people.
Our current goal is to start baseball activities a week after the state moves into phase two.
This startup goal is based on the board's understanding of the reopening plan. The final decision on when it is safe and appropriate to begin playing will be made by the local health department.
If your family has decided not to participate this year, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will issue you a refund.
As you know, all Bozeman Baseball activities for the current season continue to be suspended. We remain hopeful that our ballplayers will take the field at some point this year. Of course, we as a league do not have control over that event nor an associated timeline for such at present.
With so many uncertainties existing, we are asking for your help to assist us in planning. We ask that you complete a brief survey (link below) to help us gauge interest in a schedule of play that may extend into summer - potentially deep into summer. We are not asking you to commit to anything at this point, just trying to gauge interest.
Bozeman Baseball understands that these are unprecedented times, and there are many more important things to worry about than youth baseball. With the state of the COVID pandemic and the resulting economic situation, if you would like to cancel your registration and be refunded for the 2020 baseball season, please email email@example.com. We will issue full refunds until the season starts. If you request a refund now and later decide you would like to play, you can certainly sign back up. Even if you are seeking a refund, we'd appreciate it if you would fill out the survey.
In keeping with the latest national and local guidance on COVID-19, Bozeman Baseball has canceled all activities until further notice. We still intend to play baseball this year once it is appropriate to do so.
We will continue to monitor this quickly changing and unprecedented situation closely. Please check the website for updates and email us will any questions.
Dear Bozeman Baseball Families,
As most of you are aware, Gallatin County now has a documented case of the coronavirus. We want to update you on how this impacts our baseball activities slated to begin just two weeks from now.
We are postponing the player evaluations for AAA and Majors which were scheduled to be held at Montana Indoor Sports on March 28th and 29th. Our hope is that we will be able to reschedule this activity soon and that the postponement does not have a significant impact on the upcoming season.
At present we are not changing the season’s Opening Day of April 18th nor other dates on the calendar in April. Babe Ruth League, our youth baseball affiliation, has sent guidance from their national headquarters that all leagues consider postponing/suspending their baseball activities. We take that recommendation seriously; however, most leagues are closer to their scheduled start dates due to their geographic locations. With our start still five weeks away, we are leaving that date on the calendar for now.
We are monitoring this rapidly changing situation. Our Board of Directors will make decisions based on guidance from local, state, and federal health officials. Please check the website regularly for updates and keep your eye out for future emails regarding this serious issue and its impact on our activities.
Please email us with any questions. Thank you for your patience as we do our best to navigate this situation.